Monday, August 1, 2011

Cruising to a First Birthday

Here is a birthday card that I made for a special little boy who just turned 1 .  I've been so busy that I kept putting off making his card...until I realized that I had to do it since his party was the next morning.  As it usually happens, I was up late the night before the party, not feeling in the crafting mood at all, and was trying to figure out where to start.  So I sat at the computer, browsing the internet trying to get inspired!  When I came across this card here I knew that was the way to go.  I altered the car punch art just a bit and decided to try a recessed window card after watching a great video tutorial at SCS.
Used my blue Ink Potion No. 9 mixture for the sky
I thought this SU sentiment was perfect for the inside of the card
A full look of the inside of the card...I would've added more but I was too tired to pull out any more supplies! :-)

Well that's it.  My DS started first grade today and my DD will be starting kindergarten tomorrow.  YIKES...I can't believe my DH and I have made it to this point where we have both of them in school.  Next thing you know, they'll be graduating from high school! 

 Thanks for stopping by and have a great week!!

4 comments:

Creations by Shirl said...

Gorgeous card Michele!
Luv the colors you used and the DP..

Brenda said...

love the recessed window card! never saw one like it before! love the punch art car too! pretty good for a last minute card.

1LuvnMama said...

Hey you! Great card with the recessed window. Oh man, that race car is so cool! I might have to snake that idea! :) Great seeing you today . . . don't be a stranger now that I'm all the way in booneyland! :)

eunice said...

Wow,wow, wow! This recessed card is neat-o! Michele, I love that you are always trying out so many different and new card crafting ideas. This birthday card turned out so cute! I'm sure your friends will treasure this keepsake as a remberance of their son's special day!