Thursday, August 27, 2009

A Birthday Gift for Tutu

My mom-in-law's birthday was last week. She had been admiring some of the framed collages I have been making so I thought it would be the perfect gift for her. She's into crafting herself so I knew she would appreciate this gift!

This time, I thought to add a more personal touch to it by adding some pictures of her and her grandchildren. I even added a picture of our first born son, who passed away when he was 10 days old. He was her first grandchild and his passing devastated us all. She is the only person, that always remembers his birthday and the anniversary of his passing by bringing flowers and goodies over on those significant days. She is a very caring and generous woman and she means more to us than she will ever know!

She was very touched when she opened her gift and saw that pictures of all of her grandchildren were on it!
Since my mom-in-law is a very crafty lady herself, I knew I wanted to make her birthday card a bit more "fancy" than the normal card. She loved her card just as much as her gift!

Thank you Mom for all that you do for me and the kids! You are truly a special person and we love you very much!!!

4 comments:

Enjoli said...

That is such a beautiful frame!! You did a great job! I am sure she will love it. Super cute card too. TFS! =)

**CrEaTiNgWiThAlOhA** said...

you did a great job with the frame...love it..like the card also tfs

Kyoko said...

OMG Michele, your post brought tears to my eyes. I'm soooo very sorry to hear about losing your first born son. I can only imagine the grief you all went through. Your MIL sounds like such a special person and I am sure she just loved the collage and card. You are very special yourself and I am so happy that got to meet you!

Huggies,
Kyoko

Chrisd said...

What a thoughtful and beautiful gift for you to create for such a special lady in your family. Thank you for sharing about your first born son. He will always be in your heart and what a blessing to have a photo of him.
Hugs from Michigan