Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Gatefold Birthday Card

One of my bestest friends will be celebrating her birthday tomorrow.  This is the birthday card I made for her from me and a few of my other friends.  I decided on a gatefold card since it left plenty of room on the inside for each of us to write a little something to our friend since she is in Spain now and we NEVER get to talk to her anymore.  I chose to finally ink up my Fleur Anya stamp since the flowers in her hair reminded me of a haku lei.  I dusted off my Copics to color her with since I've been using my color pencils a lot lately....and I've been admiring the shading effects on so many awesome blogs. I just gotta keep practicing! :-)

Anyways, thanks for stopping by and I hope you are having a great week!

2 comments:

Islander Girl said...

Beautiful card! Love the little "gems" in the flowers. You did an awesome job coloring! I'm sure your friend will be thrilled to receive this!

Have a great day!
Aloha!
~C

Brenda said...

love this card and jen will too! beautiful coloring! so when are you going to sit down to teach me your techniques?