Friday, June 10, 2011

Hitched Wedding Card

My family and I will be attending a wedding soon and since my DS is on summer vacation I actually had some time to work on the card....ahead of time....not the day of which is my usual M.O.! :-)  I realized I only have one real wedding stamp which is kinda funny/sad since I have so many stamps at this point.  I think it's probably because I didn't really get into crafting until after I made it through the "wedding phase" of my life.  You know the phase when all of your friends and other people in your life all seem to be getting married one after another??   Well, there haven't been much wedding for us to attend for the past few years and now this year we have 2.  

ANYWAYS, I colored this image up using my color pencils and added some stickles on the brides dress and veil.  Oh, and used my Copic Atyou Spica pens to add some sparkle here and there on the groom as well.  This is a super quick image to color up which is probably why it's the only wedding stamp I have...I like quick! :-)
`
 Added little touches of bright pink since the wedding invitation we received was bright pink and orange
Decided on a gatefold style card with a pocket on the inside for our "gift"
I forgot how much I love using Stickles to bling up images! :-)

Well, that's it for now.  Thanks for stopping by once again.  Thinking that maybe I should use this time to get a jump start on some crafting.  I'm starting to realize how fast this year is going by and thinking about all of the crafting that will be in my near future since both of my kiddies will be in school now and the holidays are quickly approaching!  YIKES....okay, okay, getting ahead of myself...breathe - just gotta take it one day at a time, one day at a time! LOL! :-)  Have a great day and a wonderful weekend!!

3 comments:

Shirley N said...

Ohhh I love all the sparkles on her dress and veil! Beautiful wedding card Michele!

eunice said...

Really like the design of this card, especially how one part of the card shows thru on the left side. Very creative, and quite elegant!

Joy said...

too sweet. I have to make a wedding card too. thanks for reminding me =) I hope I can get it done soon too. love what you did and it really is perfect for the occasion. have a good week!